Wednesday, June 17, 2009

DAY THREE: Just Do It!

Remember when I wrote about hating the jump rope station on Day Two? Guess what was waiting for each of us Boot Campers when we checked in for duty this morning?

"EVERYONE GRAB A JUMP ROPE!!!"

That's right, we had a flippin' jump rope in our hands for the entire hour.

When I wasn't jumping with the jump rope I was running with the jump rope held over my head.

I had to hold the jump rope aloft while doing lunge squats.

I had to lay the jump rope in front of me and jump back and forth over it, do push ups in front of it and then…I got to jump with it some more.

*sigh*

Well, it was lots of running here to do jump rope exercises, then run over there to do more jump rope exercises. (the lake is lovely at dawn though) Then we ran back to where we had just run from to do more interesting things. (note: I had no idea you could do so many things with a stupid jump rope) It was hard for me, very hard, but not quite as hard as yesterday. At one point by the lake, I think it was during the 100 jumping jacks, I found that my mind had left my body.

Cool.

At that point I realized I wasn’t there with Bravo Company (that’s the name of my squad. Don’t laugh) listening to instructors yell, “C’MON! MAKE SURE THOSE HEELS TOUCH THE GROUND!” My mind was thinking about work and other things. The ol’ brain said, “Enough of THIS! I’m outtie.” My brain is very smart.

Note: I’m a sucker for one on one encouragement. I did not know this about myself, but as I was sludging through some jumping exercise about half way through class one of the instructors got in front of me and said, “Just Do It!” I realized he was talking to me and looked up. (apparently when I’m worn out I stare at the ground while trying to jump) He was smiling at me and said, “yep, I’m reading your shirt.”

I looked down at my shirt and sure enough it had emblazoned on it, “Just Do It”.

I suddenly picked up my pace.

I feel great today. Sore, but great!

1 comment:

Bits-n-Pieces said...

I am so encouraged by this. Good for you!!