Tuesday, June 23, 2009

BOOT CAMP: DAY SIX (OF WORKOUTS)

We worked our arms today.

5 sets of 20 reps for each of five arm workouts with bars and balls, so that's 500 arm moves with extra weight.

After each set (100 reps) we had to run to another area to do cardio burst work.

The alternation was interesting. I found myself dying to move to cardio when working my arms and then dying to get back to the stationary arm work when I was doing my cardio.
I am writing to you from my desk where I am having a light soup with fat-free yogurt and a piece of string cheese for lunch.

*stare*

Oddly, I know I’ll be satisfied after I eat and then I’ll eat again at 3:00, so the eating is okay.

I was so tired/sleepy last night that I went to bed without supper. Not good. I need to eat.
I think the running is getting easier. I’m not sure. If it is, the improvement is negligible.

I keep looking for improvements even though I’ve only been doing this for a week and two days. I need to get my expectations under control, but when you’re working this hard you sort of expect to be Wonder Woman by now.


Well, I’m not Wonder Woman.

I’m just Tired and Sore Woman.

1 comment:

Bits-n-Pieces said...

I didn't get up and walk today. after only 2 hours of sleep, i just couldn't get up.
I laid in bed most of the morning instead.

how are y'all counting food? calories, or some other way?