Thursday, June 18, 2009

DAY FOUR: NO BOOT CAMP

We got a day off today!

We got a day off today!

YAY!!!

It was so nice not to have to get up at 4:55am to head off to camp this morning. Instead, I got up at the leisurely hour of 6:00am and went on a tandem bike ride around the lake with The Marrying Man. That’s only about 11 miles, so no biggie. I actually feel guilty for not doing more.

Still the ride was hard. The wind was pretty strong making about 4 miles of the trip pretty difficult.

My legs…they don’t like jumping and so they did not like the ride this morning. My calves are EXTREMELY sore from Wednesday’s boot camp. I had to go down the stairs sideways today. My calves keep threatening to cramp up at the slightest provocation.

More injury inventory:

1. My elbows are all skinned up. We have to do several plank exercises which puts you on your elbows and toes. Yesterday we had to “walk” down the length of our jump ropes in this position and back again. The elbows were already a little gimped up from previous days, but Wednesday pretty much made them officially scabbed. *gross* I look oh, so professional at work walking around with scabbed up elbows.

2. Knees: they don’t like scraping along on dried out grass either. My right leg has scratches all down the shin.

Food Notes:

We have to keep a log of everything we eat and have been told to eat 6 small meals a day and we’ve been advised what to eat and how to eat it. I haven’t been hungry once…well, okay once yesterday afternoon, but it was fine. I am so full from lunch right now it isn’t funny and I have to eat again at 3:00! I have healthy foods and meals I’ve prepared at the house, so I bring everything I need with me to work. I just had 2 oz of beef with stir-fried veggies and yeah…I’m full. I’ll have half an apple and a half cup of cottage cheese at 3:00.

I’m a little sleepy today.

2 comments:

Andrea @ The Miller Spot said...

Have you been doing ground turkey? I love it. One night Kevin cooked ground turkey for my wheat spaghetti and then did regular beef for his. He was totally grossed out by the grease difference.

Do you like the day off? It scares me to be away because I know it will hurt when we come back! That being said, very excited to have Friday off tomorrow. And, I also have lovely rough elbow and now rough palms from last night's push-up balancing fest.

You are doing awesome. I love boot camp and I'm so happy you do too!!

Bits-n-Pieces said...

why do you get a day off in the middle of the week? how many days off a week do you get?

I can't stop eating right now. I'm no good at this when the kids are gone. I just want to eat the whole time. I'm such a blob...and I hate it, but I can't seem to stop.