Wednesday, June 24, 2009

BOOT CAMP: DAY SEVEN (OF ACTUAL WORKOUTS)

Short update today for anyone who cares. I've been out of town on a shoot today, so could not post any earlier.

In a nutshell, Boot Camp was hell this morning. At one point I thought i was going to barf because my din din from the night before kept coming up. Then as I stood up and started to jog to another area for more workouts I got dizzy and thought...."Well, I'm going to pass out." and for a moment I wished I would.

But I made it through the hour long meat grinder, somehow, and got home.

Andres met me at the door like he does every morning and gave me his usual question, "How'd it go?" And I started crying.

I didn't bawl or anything, although I almost slipped into a jag when he said, "C'mere." and held me, but I got control of myself.

It was hard, that's all and I'm not even sure I was crying because it was hard. I think i was crying from a combination of exhaustion and just well, for lack of a better word, fear.

I dread going to boot camp now. I hate to say that because it really is a positive thing. I AM seeing results in my shape...I think. Maybe I'm just imagining things. But it's good. That which does not kill us makes us stronger, right?

Right.

Again, Andres, not liking to see me that way, told me I could quit. But I told him I wouldn't. "If I'm crying and puking through the entire class I'm not quitting." I said.

But I'll sure be glad when it's over. At least that's how i feel today.

I wonder what they'll do to us tomorrow.

1 comment:

Bits-n-Pieces said...

Good for you! I am so proud of you for sticking it out. How much longer is it?
and YAAAY for being able to see results already!!! See??!!!
That which does not kill us DOES make us stronger!!
xoxox