Thursday, June 25, 2009

BOOT CAMP: DAY EIGHT (of actual work outs)

First of all let me say THANK YOU to those who left encouraging notes yesterday. It really did help me, especially last night. I think I was delaying my bedtime because I knew that as soon as I went to sleep it would be time to wake up and go to Boot Camp. Finally, I forced myself to hit the hay, but I did a quick Facebook Drive By on the computer just to re-read your notes.

And I'm happy to say you guys were right. Today was MUCH better!!!

I was seriously considering not going, but where does that get you? Nowhere. I mean, you have to go again at SOME point or else quit.

Quitting is not an option.

As Andres' daughter Andrea pointed out in a note, I'm almost to the halfway mark. Who quits when they're half way to a goal? Not me!! So, I'm glad Andrea reminded me of that.

Jaimie, Andres' daughter-in-law, is in the same boot camp class. I've been reading her blog entries about her take on the experience and have been surprised at how similar our feelings are day to day.

She wrote a very positive entry today and I was glad. I wanted to write a positive entry today too because I thought to myself as i took my post boot camp shower, "I need to write about the good things in all of this instead of just the bad."

As I said earlier, Boot Camp was easier today. Not easy, but easier than yesterday!!!

Yesterday...Holy Moly.

Today....I didn't feel so demolished and disheartened at the end of class. We did 2 minute drills. Lots of sprinting and core body work. I liked the sprints. They brought back the plank today and my elbows, which were JUST beginning to heal, got roughed up again. (WARNING: NEGATIVE COMMENT AHEAD) I don't know which I hate more, the Plank or jump rope. Okay...back to being positive.

If EVERY day was like today, I'd consider signing up for another month, but...I know every day won't be like today and besides...I need to rest because I have learned that boot camp takes up more than one hour of your day.

You have to stay on an eating schedule and you have to watch what you eat. It isn't difficult to follow and I'm getting acclimated to some WONDERFUL new eating habits, but it isn't easy to be spontaneous with family and friends. I've also been losing quality family time in the evenings because I conk out so early, but on the up side, by getting my work outs done in the morning I don't have to do it in the evenings. Andres and I try to ride around the lake or run at least 4 or 5 days a week after I get off of work.

This morning as I walked from the parking lot toward the field I chatted with a young woman in her 20's who I'd never talked to before. She told me that, like me, she had considered laying out today because yesterday left her hurting so bad. But after camp was over, as I jogged back to the parking lot with Penny, a 56 year old first timer, Penny told me that she had just signed up for two more months.

There is a lesson here....
.
.
.
.
Penny's lost her mind.

*best smile*

Have a very positive day!!!

1 comment:

Bits-n-Pieces said...

love that lesson you learned! LOL

see? you did it!! you got thru another day! :)

I knew you could!

love you!
xoxo