Wednesday, July 8, 2009

BOOT CAMP: DAYS 15 AND 16 OF WORKOUTS

I think I am out of words about Boot Camp. I went yesterday, but didn't write because there is nothing but the same old, same old to say.

It was hard.

I'm sore.

I go to bed at night with a sense of ...not dread. That's too strong, but I find that I put off going to sleep because I don't want to get up at the dawn of crack and go to boot camp. Add to that the fact that ever since my alarm didn't go off that time I tend to wake up around 3:30 or 4:00 and I can't go back to sleep for fear that I'll miss my alarm again, so I just lay there in bed tossing and turning, drifting off, but jerking awake again, checking the clock.

When I get up I'm not sleepy, but I get sleepy later in the day.

However, today...I hit the wall.

Uber-Instructor, Kari said today's work out would be "a good one". She did not disappoint.

It was hard but not too hard. I was pleased with my performance and I had a very encouraging sub-instructor with my small group. She motivates me to push harder simply because she IS so encouraging. I think she got a lot out of me today. (Yes, Jaimie, I'm talking about Susan...sorry)

Note for self: You did 125 tricep push ups today young lady, and Susan (sub-instructor) told you your form was perfect, so you should feel really awesome about that.

Andres' daughter, Andrea, who has already completed her Boot Camp told us at the beginning that it WOULD get easier. I now find that she was right. It IS easier. When I started out I felt worn slick just during the appetizer portion of our sessions, but now....no sweat. I can run wherever they want me to run and do whatever warm up exercises they throw at us and then do the stretches and then I can run again after that.

But the entre' portion of class seems to be harder this week. I'm not sure, maybe it just seems that way to me because I'm still sore from Monday's class and so I'm starting from a muscularly weak and painful place. Jaimie? What do you think? Is it harder? I dunno.

I can do all they ask of me in class, but when I get home...well, at least today...it hurts to lift my legs to get out of the car. It hurts to walk up the stairs....it hurts to take off my clothes. This morning I cleaned up and started to get ready for work, but I had a bit of extra time, so I laid down on my nice, soft, lovely bed.

...and I slept. I woke up long enough to call my boss. Andres asked me if I was going to call my boss and tell him I'd be late and I said, "Yes" and then said, "but my phone is downstairs." I know Andres didn't understand that I was hinting for him to bring my phone upstairs to me when he went down because he went downstairs and came back up without my phone. I didn't say anything, but I inwardly whimpered as i got up and went downstairs to get my phone.

I called Bill (my boss) and told him I was done up and in bed and I heard him snicker! He did! And I was like, "did you just laugh?" He said, "Boot camp finally found your breaking point, huh?"

"yes." I said. And then asked if it was okay if I came in after lunch.

He said yes. (Thank you, Bill) (Everyone wave at my boss)

So...I crawled back into bed and banked some Z's while in the fetal position.

I feel much better.

I only have two days of boot camp left to go. I'm glad that it will be over, but I'm very nervous that I will lose any hard fought for ground I've gained this month.

Today I am wearing a skirt that is a size smaller than my normal size. *smile* dropping a dress size was one of my goals. Don't get me wrong, the skirt isn't LOOSE or anything like that, but it's on, damn it!

The skirt is on.

HOO-YA

No comments: