Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Movie Intermission

I actually got to go see a movie last night!!! I'm astounded and even more impressive is the fact that it was a new release. Typically, if I ever DO get to see a movie in theaters, I'm the last one to see it, but this time...I was one of the first.

Will Smith's summer offering, "Hancock", showed in OKC the day before it's nationwide opening day.


Hancock is a drunken, rude and messy superhero who has no idea who he is or where he came from.

I thought the film was great, but keep in mind I love Will Smith movies...Men in Black, Independence Day, I Am Legend...I just think he's fun to watch. Hancock is no exception except for one difficulty in the storyline. It involves co-star Charlize Theron. The entire attempt to explain Hancock's history along with her function in the film didn't really hold water. I thought it was a weak...well, really a high-schoolish attempt to explain something. Poor job. but it isn't a deal breaker.

I even posted my review on yahoo movie reviews...or whatever it is they call their page for user reviews. After doing my movie review duty (yeah, I'm a nerd) I was curious to see what the critics thought. OH...they hated it! So sad...critics have no sense of fun. They probably hated fairy tales as children, but I was inwardly pleased to see that they also hated the same plot flaw that I did.

Guess if I ever lose my day job I can hook up with Roger Ebert, sit in dark theaters and judge, belittle and criticize to my heart's content.

Go see Hancock if you like fun movies and let me know if the scene in the prison cracked you up as much as it did me...some of the critics thought it was extremely low brow humor. Guess that's why I liked it so much.

3 comments:

Lopez said...

So...there is a scene in the prison that i must wait for to see if it is funny...b/c now i'm expecting it...and...we don't like the story line with Charlize...hmmm...i'm going to go into the movie biased now. ha! j/k!

Bits-n-Pieces said...

*agrees with Jaimie! but that's ok.
I think the kids and I will go see it tomorrow (Friday...4th of July)
I, also, am a huge Will Smith fan...not just of his acting, but of his person. He is such a great role model for kids I think. My oldest loves him.

xoxo

Bits-n-Pieces said...

(oh...yeh, this is me!
did the xoxo clue you in? I changed my screename here. I'm trying to blog here, but not getting the feel yet.)
lol
~Robin