Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Comparing Profits

I've been gone for a bit. My dad had some medical stuff going on, so I flew to Raleigh to see if I could help out.

Now to get back in the groove of my daytime job and my new bizziness.

I got my third job scheduled before I left. Crews start today. This is repeat business from the contractor that gave me my second job...so...yay.

I am looking at my profit margin on my second job vs. the profit margin on my first job and I'm not a happy camper. The difference in those two jobs is that on the first job I only subcontracted with one crew. On the second job I subbed with two different crews.

I'm going to have to sit down and pull this apart because by the time I take worker's comp and liability insurance premium out, my profit will dwindle by about another 200 bucks. UGH!!!

Well...to be fair, the profit on the first job was high and it was a big job...with a larger price tag. So...maybe this is normal. I'll still have to tally up the numbers.

In fact...I'm gonna go do that right now.


EDIT!!!: I paid out MORE for labor on the second job than I did for my first job and the first job had more square footage!!!!! Grrrrrr....

1 comment:

Lopez said...

Hey Hey...no worries...I'm sure jobs will go up and down and all the kinks in between will work themselves out. Hang in there...you are doing GREAT!
P.S. Batman comes out this weekend. Woohoo!!!!