Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Starting Job 3

We started our third job this morning. I snapped some "before" photos of the rooms we'll be doing just as the crews were getting started.


Dust is everywhere. *cough* Must see about dustless sanding system. *choke*

This is a small, two story house who's owners, for some inexplicable reason, decided to paint over the wood floors in their upstairs hallway, and two bedrooms.

Here is one of those rooms. It will take extra sanding to remove the paint, so I had to charge more per sq ft for sanding in these areas.


Here is one other view of the downstairs living/dining area we'll be doing. I like the french doors. It's a very cute house.


I won't post exterior shots of the houses we work on for the sake of privacy.


This job is going to take us about 5 or 6 days. I'll be sure to get "after" photos before we turn it over to the owners.

I love starting new jobs!

PS: The contractor who hired us for this job (our second with his company) told me that the homeowners for first job we did for his company loved their floors and he gave them my card because they're interested in having us do more work on their home. This was a very nice older couple who has had a horrible 2008. Their son was found dead in a field in March, leaving them to care for his 8 year old daughter and then, as if that weren't bad enough, on the morning of their son's funeral the couple's house caught fire! Luckily the home only suffered smoke damage, but it was enough to force them to move out until insurance could set things right. Our floor work in their house was part of that insurance restoration. I hope things get better for them.

Okay...that was sort of depressing.
I think my work here is done.

3 comments:

Lopez said...

OH my gosh, their son was found dead in a field? that's HORRIBLE!!! What a nice way to close your post, Suzzzz!
P.S. I love the french doors! I think those would look perfect in our bedroom where we have the sliding glass doors!

Bits-n-Pieces said...

Yaay for another job, AND for being reccommended!!! :)

I'm so glad you are home.
I've missed you!
xoxo

Lopez said...

So...when can we expect another blog update, huh??