Thursday, July 24, 2008

Update on Demand and Be Warned It's Gross

One of my fans wants me to update.
But my dear fan, I have nothing to say.
Shall I write about floors?
*yawn*
It bores me today. My mind is elsewhere.

I could tell you about my vomiting incident at Lido's (Chinese restaurant) yesterday WHILE I was having lunch with some work clients. Oh god, it was terrible.



The silver lining is that I went to the bathroom to do said puking. I did not do it in front of any diners.

I puked a lot...then I had to clean up the mess that didn't make it into the commode. Another silver lining is that no one came into the bathroom while I was um...engaged. If they had, customers in the restaurant would have heard me because the flipping door to the women's restroom pracitcally opens on the dining room.

Note to restauranteurs: Please place bathroom doors far from the view of dining room. No one wants to hear or, for the love of God, see what's going on in there.

After I cleaned myself up, I calmly walked back to the dining room. I don't know if the women I was lunching with knew what had happened, but they acted like they didn't and so our conversation about free lance video production resumed. I did not eat a bit of my lunch, but had it boxed up. I couldn't wait until the time came when I could leave that restaurant. When it did, I slowly walked to my car and drove home.

Note: When you're nauseous and the sun is boiling hot, driving home seems to take forever.

Needless to say, I did make it. I crawled to my bed, called my boss and then I stared at the ceiling for like...3 hours straight. I didn't want to watch TV...I couldn't concentrate on anything but the nausea. I HATE that feeling. I can bear any pain except that. By 5pm I was wishing that I could repeat what had happened in the restaurant, but that relief wouldn't come until 7pm.

AHHHHHH!!!

Yes, Numero Uno Fan, you were downstairs eating when that happened. BWAHAHA!!!

My daughter made me a get well card and my boyfriend's granddaughter made me a beautiful get well flower. I kept both by my face on the bed, so I could see them. Can you say AWWW?? I was really touched. My daughter stayed with me for a bit, forcing me to turn on the TV to distract me from myself, so I watched whatever was on and then around 9:30...fell into blessed sleep.

Today...I feel better...not 100%. My body aches and my head still hurts a bit, but the nausea is gone and for that...I am eternally grateful.

4 comments:

Andrea @ The Miller Spot said...

Wow. You're right that was definitely gross! Maybe next time the title should be "it's gross and about puke!" Just kidding. I hope you are feeling better. That's a horrible, horrible way to be sick.

Bits-n-Pieces said...

Oh honey! Bless your heart!! And you just sat there like nothing happened and let the other ladies carry on with lunch. I don't know that I could've done that. I'd have had to excused myself and just gone home.

Glad you're feeling better today.
*hands you Sprite and peppermints.
xoxoo

Lopez said...

What a miserable Wednesday!!! I'm glad you are feeling better--and am actually sorry that i'm just now seeing this!! I'm glad Em and J were good to you!!!

Barb Smith said...

Oh geez, Susie-Q...what a horrid way to spend a lunch hour. What a horrid way to spend any hour. I'm with you, I hate nausea and the pukies worse than anything. ICK!

Glad you're better by now, though. And how sweet of Emily and Andres grandbaby to make you "Owwie" cards. *smile*