Monday, November 24, 2008

They Say It's Yer Burfday!

So there's this little kid in my life who is absolutely the most infectious person ever. I just adore this kid.

His name is Riley.

Isn't he adorable?

Riley celebrated his first birthday on Saturday and he had his own little cake to enjoy. After a year of being told NOT to play with your food the well behaved one year old can be reluctant to tear into a cake placed before him. In this picture he paused as if to say, "What's the catch?" But his dad Kevin and his uncle Andy kept miming cake destruction and soon Sir Riley was convinced and dug in.

I don't think he was able to down as much chocolate as he might have imagined he could. He ate one and a half ears, sort of, and then was pretty much finished.
I don't have a good picture of it, (Darn the lousy photo quality of my iPhone!) but Riley DID end up with chocolate all over his face, thus passing the rite of One Year Old-dom.
So Happy Birthday to Little Riley Bo-Biley.
You might be Expert/Mentor/Boyfriend's grandson, but you're pretty special to me and I love you very much.




3 comments:

Lopez said...

He really is a special, happy little boy! The sugar did get to him...he was pretty much up all night long! I can hardly believe he is a year...oh so many fun times ahead!!!

dragonflies on lamp posts said...

Aww, happy birthday to him!

Such cute pictures.

Bits-n-Pieces said...

oh I can't believe he's a year old already!! What an absolute doll he is!!
xoxo