Friday, November 21, 2008

My Son Rocks!


Zak is so awesome. I mean...he's just this really cool young man and I watch him doing his thing and I think, wow...what a neat guy. Is that really my baby??? I love him. I really do. Here's his picture.

He's the big guy with the beard. I know he looks like he's 28, but he's only 17. He's funny, but he's serious about his funny-ness.
He was a contestant and an emcee for his high school talent show last night. And let me tell you, high school talent shows aren't what they used to be. These kids are SERIOUS! I had a high quality night of entertainment for just 6 bucks admission!
They just blew me away. But my son...he's a musician/comedian type of guy. He's been acting since he was in the second grade (Children's Theater) and now in high school. He's made movies since he was in the 8th grade...silly, weird movies that I just don't understand. Well, most of them anyway. He's serious about drama and comedy and movies.
I, being from the 80's and a family that wouldn't even understand that such things COULD involve seriousness, am finding it amazing that his focus could result in such skill. He stood on that stage with his friend. They both had their guitars and they did this humorous bit about robots who killed all the humans. Timing...superb. Facial expressions...priceless. I was just so surprised at how funny they were.
People who saw me snapping pictures turned around and told me how good he was. "Thank you, thank you." I said, beaming!And they won first place in the group category!The overall winner trophy went to a pair of salsa dancers that just blew everyone away. I mean...wow! They could compete on some of those dance shows. And they were so TINY!!!
Okay...just establishing that my son is awesome and I am very proud of him.
You may continue about your day.

2 comments:

Lopez said...

Yay for Zak, you should be so proud to have raised such an amazing, talented boy. Man. He looks SO MUCH like you in that picture, too, Suzzz...wow!

Bits-n-Pieces said...

It's such a big moment when we realize that our children are PEOPLE...real people, and not just our son or daughter. They have a life of their own...likes and dislikes, talents and interests outside of our's, or even of what we'd want them to have sometimes.
They become these real live other people and we are left just standing there going...WOW..look at him...who is that guy, all the while still feeling that pride of, "that's my baby!"
This getting older and being the mom of an (almost) grown child is weird. Granted, Trey's only 15 and a fresmen...I haven't seen the extent of it as much as you have yet...but still, the glimpses of manhood I do see just leave me speechless sometimes.

Does this mean we're getting old?
xoxox