Sunday, June 15, 2008

So Tagged, So Cool

Okay, so I've been tagged to do this little five question survey doo dad. I'm late doing this and the rules say I have to tag six other people, but I only know two bloggers here and they've already done this, so I think I'm going to find some random bloggers and see if they'll do it.

Here Are the Rules: Answer the following questions about yourself. At the end of the post you pass on the questions to 6 other bloggers and list their names. Then write them a comment telling them that they've been tagged and ask them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know that you've accepted the challenge and refer to your post.

1. What did you do 10 years ago?
Ah...1998. I was working as a news anchor and reporter at the ABC affiliate in a northeast Tennessee market. I was wrapping up my station's year long coverage of a horrible story about a group of teenagers that shot an entire family along a country road and left them in a ditch. The family was young, the oldest child was a girl named Tabitha. She was six years old and had long blonde hair...she was small for her age. Her little brother, Peter, was 2 years old. The teens lined the family up in a shallow ditch and shot the husband first, then the mother, then the boy and then the girl. I didn't think I had been able to tell the entire story of this crime during the time my station gave me during each newscast over the past year, so I asked them if I could put together a documentary about the crime and the criminals...who these teens were...where they came from. My stations said yes, but I'd have to do it on my own time. They'd only air it for me. I worked nights and weekends to get it done. I wrote it and edited it and held my breath when it aired. It won the Tennessee Associated Press Best Documentary. I loved doing that story. Two years later I would get a job that let me do documentaries full time.


2. Five items on your to-do list today:
Oh what a hard day I have lined up. I HAVE to go out to lunch with my sweety and his beautiful children for Father's Day. (we already went, but I'm acting like it is yet to happen because it's part of my list) After a fun lunch, I HAVE to visit with said children and way adorable grandchildren. Then I HAVE to make a mousse for my sweety to enjoy. (I always make Mousse for him on any holiday, but it's especially important he have it on Father's Day and his birthday.) Oh...I also HAD to go to the flea market with him this morning just because I didn't want him to have to go alone. Yeah...he so enjoys my company. lol And then tonight I HAVE to go to his son's house for a yummy enchilada dinner. Yep...I'm having a rough day. (I love Father's Day!!!)



3. Snacks I enjoy?
I enjoy Trailmix, but trailmix has an ungodly amount of calories and fat. (They have the kind with the m & m's in it in our work vending machine) So I don't get trailmix. I um....will have a cereal bar around 3pm when I'm at work. I guess I don't really snack too much.



4. What would you do if you were a billionaire?
First I would pay off your home and your cars. (Andrea and Jaimie) I would fund any new business you wanted to undertake. I'd put aside money for my son to chase his dream of being a hot shot film maker. I'd make him get a complete education at Uof C San Diego. I would NOT fun a turn at the New York Film Academy until after he'd gotten his degree. I want him to have that degree, darn it! I'd buy some land and build a large house with plenty of room for company and office and....anything else I can think of. I would travel every chance I could with the kids. I'd establish a fund to support worthwhile causes to make the world a better place. I'd buy great art. My daughter would still have to clean her room and pay for her first car, but she'd have really great clothes! lol And I would make sure she got to attend the college of her choice. She wants to be the next Donald Trump. Okay...I could go on and on, so I'll stop. Oh...I'd buy a house for my parents wherever they wanted to live and provide for all their expenses so my mom can stop working.


5. Places I would live:
I plan to live here the rest of my life. I love OKC, but if I ever felt the need to leave, I'd try to relocate to New York City if I could find a job that would pay da bills.


Now i have to figure out who to tag. Excuse me while I go find some unsuspecting victims. bwahaha!!!

2 comments:

Andrea @ The Miller Spot said...

Yaaaay!!! You did it!!! I feel like I was right there with you while you did. Oh wait... Ha ha. ;-) Love!

Anonymous said...

ooh..i may swipe this. I need something short and sweet to do right now!
xoxo
~Robin