Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I'm a Rainy Day Drip


Okay...I'm completely uninspired today.

Blame it on the rain or the fact that I've been staying up until the ungodly hour of 11:30 before going to sleep lately. (At my age, 11:30 IS ungodly)

All Wood Flooring is in a hibernation period right now. We finished our fourth job a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard a peep from our new love "The Contracting Company". *heavy sigh*

But just because we aren't rockin' and rollin' on some hard wood floors doesn't mean we aren't taking care of business.

I have hired a graphic designer to develop a company logo. I just saw the first drafts yesterday and while the color palette is a bit blah, the graphic ideas were wonderful. Love them! I emailed back the changes I'd like to see..."mas color, por favor". I'm excited to see the refined product.

I have also checked out the cost on getting a graphics wrap for a vehicle. That will be $2,800.00. However, the young man who gave me that quote has a primary business of his own that has nothing to do with vehicle graphics. After getting involved with his friend's graphics biz he decided to wrap HIS company's vehicles. Here is a link: http://monster-graphx.com/
He said he was blown away by the response. He said it was a blow out compared to the response he's received from a Yellow Pages ad that costs him between 3 and 4 thousand dollars EACH YEAR! So, while $2,800 sounds like a lot, it might be a good investment.

I still have my sights set on my expert/mentor/boyfriend's van, but we have to get a truck for him first. Apparently he enjoys having transportation. (So selfish)

We have a plan to scrape together some money...checking under couch cushions and in the dryer, so we can afford a Toyota Tundra Quad Cab. (They're beautiful inside) He MUST have quad cab because we have some little munchkins to cart around town sometimes. They like to sneak away with their grandpa and have ice cream every once in awhile. *wink* But he/we need a truck because we're forever buying furniture (we don't really need) on ebay. The furniture is ALWAYS in Texas. (sad that there is no furniture in OKC) and so it is not uncommon for us to drive down to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area to pick up couches or glass tables or just...whatever. We usually rent a uhaul for these excursions, but if we had a truck.....oh baby! *que Sanford & Son Theme song*

I'm anxious to get logo, website, vehicle wrapped, but I know it will all happen in due time. First we need a truck and a good logo, then we can move forward on the other goals.


This day continues to drag. It's only 3:15pm. I have 2 hours left....


ugh.

5 comments:

Bits-n-Pieces said...

I'm quite uninspired, too. I WANT to write...but nothing is coming to me. I feel like noone wants to hear about my mundane life and my inner muse has suddenly become mute.

Lopez said...

I can hardly wait to see your new logo/graphic design...con mas colores!

Bits-n-Pieces said...

yanno....your opening line.."blame it on the rain", now has me singing that Milli Vinilli (sp?) song from way back in the day!! :P
See what you did to me??

and ryc: Awww!! I feel so loved. Or will, when you do it! lol

as for chocolate..I just want a bite of hershey's or something after a macca run! I dunno what it is..but as much as I love my macca's..I hate the moosebreath after and crave the chocolate.

now..get on with your quirky self!!
xoxo

Original GRITS said...

I love the idea of the vehicle wrap! Talk about exposure! Very cool. I read somewhere once about a company that matches up car owners who live and commute in high traffic areas with advertisers who pay to advertise on their vehicles (via a small scale vehicle wrap kinda thing) each month...and that it paid off much more lucratively than any other type of advertising they had tried. Just so ya know. *shrug*

Miss you.

Just so ya know that, too.

Anonymous said...

vehicle wraps are an amazing form of advertising and definitly catches your eye as you drive down the street...however..who instantly pulls over to jot down a number they see advertised on a vehicle? where do they go to find that phone number? Phonebook maybe? Internet? If they don't advertise in the phonebook, they might lose out on that potential customer. Just a thought...